I owe my love of hot glue guns to Cathie Filian. True Story. Once when I was visiting Los Angeles Cathie was kind enough to throw a party with several crafty ladies in attendance so that I would have a chance to meet some new peeps and say hello to old friends. Of course Cathie did the party up to the nines with a fabulous spread of food and even party favors. The party favor that made it back to Texas with me was a small blue hot glue gun. I had always been skeptical of hot glue guns and their lack of power until I had my very own to play with and soon became a convert.
Leave it to Cathie to improve on an almost perfect craft invention. Anyone who has ever used a hot glue gun has also felt their wrath. They call them HOT glue guns for a reason, those suckers can burn you! Well now you can craft boo boo free thanks to Hot Glue Gun Helpers. Soon you will be able to find them at all your local large craft retailers, but in the meantime you can score a set from Cathie’s Etsy store or WIN A SET RIGHT HERE.
This new 7-piece set of craft tools will revolutionize the way you use hot glue. Each set comes with a craft mat and tools for working with hot glue that will protect your work surface and your fingers. The kit is heat-resistant and non-stick. The tools also work with Mod Podge, acrylic paints, ink pads, shimmer mists, markers, gem glues & tacky glue.
1. Craft Mat: Cover and protect your work surface. Peel craft paint and cooled glue from the mat. Soap and water clean up. Rolls for storage. (measures 14.75″ x 11.5″)
2. Finger Caps (you get 3: 2 adult sizes and 1 teen size): Place on fingers to protect while gluing. Great with hot glue.
3. Tweezers: Pick up and place small items into glue. Non-stick tips. Great for working with gem glue.
4. Paddle: Corners pick up a small amount of glue. Paddle allows for a soft press. Great for gluing flowers.
5. Press Wand: Tipped end smears hot glue. Great for paper crafts. Blunt end allows for a firm press. Great for gluing embellishments.
Invented by craft industry veterans and HGTV’s Creative Juice hosts, Cathie Filian and Steve Piacenza. After years of burns, they developed the tools to ease you woes and make working with hot glue easier.
The tools are manufactured by Plaid Enterprises ( the kewl folks behind Mod Podge and FolkArt paints.)
Now that you are dying to have your own set of Hot Glue Gun Helpers, let me tell you how you can win a set. All you gotta do is leave me a comment about hot glue. Have a glue burn war story? What is your favorite way to use hot glue? When you first saw hot glue sticks with glitter did you get misty? Let me know by next Wednesday and one lucky winner will win their very own hot pink Hot Glue Gun Helper!